Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 3: Easy Pearl and Tassel Earrings

My love of crafting started as a love of beading when I was very young. A friend of mine got a seed bead loom for a birthday, hated it, and gave it to me. I fell in love.

These days I love to incorporate beads into my yarn works and I make jewelry from both yarn and beads. 
The original version of the earring I am sharing here was made several years ago for a friend. She lost one at a party last Christmas and mentions them all the time, so I decided to make her another pair. I hope she likes them and I hope you do too. Feel free to email me if you have questions about the tutorial.

I haven't included instruction on how to make a tassel. There are a lot of great sites that show you how better than I could. See this site for example for an easy, no mistake way to make your tassel - http://www.nezumiworld.com/crochet_057.htm

For the tassels in my earrings I wrapped the yarn around 20 times for each earring. You should eyeball it and decide how full you want your tassel to be. 

Slide1

Slide2

Slide3

Slide4

Slide5

Slide6

Slide7


Slide8


Slide9

Slide10

I hope you like these earrings. I'm sure I'll post more varieties of yarn and bead earrings in the future.

Up next for Day 4 is a super easy crochet bow that can be made into a pin, a head band or as an accessory  for a Winter hat. 

Thanks for stopping by to see me!
Dee

I've linked this tutorial to the following parties:




1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh SO CUTE!!!!! great tutorial! i love huge earrings too...

    ~selina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails