Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2nd Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week!





I am super excited about the 2nd Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week, March 28-April 3rd. Organized by Eskimimi over at Eskimimiknits.com , the week long blog along (say that three times fast) will have participants write posts about preassigned topics on each day. Last year's participants say it was great fun to read others' posts and that they discovered great new blogs.

I love to crochet and have been surprised at just how much I've improved my skill in the last year by visiting people's blogs. As most of us know, blogs are great places to find patterns, tutorials and inspiration.

I started this blog after being inspired by the many blogs I follow. The knitting and crochet blog communities are filled with helpful folks. Although, I bead too and dabble in other crafts,  the fiber arts are dear to my heart.

The bi-line on the banner here says that I'm an urbanite trying to craft a life in the 'burbs. Blogging and crafting have helped me rethink a few things and have eased my transition from being a big city girl (who crafted occasionally and never completed any projects) to being a new mommy working full time who needs to craft as a form of meditation.

I look forward to writing the prompted blogs and reading responses from new blog friends! Who else is joining in?                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails