Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fro-Made - Crochet and Chain Flower Necklace

I haven't had a lot time to do much of anything beyond unpack, but this weekend I was up at an insane hour and saw this necklace by Joan Rivers on QVC. Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of Joan Rivers or her aesthetic but I like the big rose collar. I went to the craft store and decided to use silver chain and turquoise beads for my version. But as I was making it I realized the beads made it heavy and not at all summer-like. I dis-guarded the beads and made my version without them.

Here's how it turned out:
CraftFro - FroMade

I freehand crocheted the flowers and I really like the way they turned out. What do you think?

I will post a "freehand" flower tutorial in the next day or so, so check back soon!

~Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails