Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween 2010 - Oompa Loompa DIY

Hi Good People,

It's been a while. I've just started to get back on schedule after the newborn, so hopefully I will be posting more frequently.

I may not have been posting, but I have been crafting!

My biggest project yet - and most adorable - was the little baby's first Halloween costume.

I originally wanted to make her an Iron Man costume a la this Target commercial : see it  here.
But the Hub wasn't so sure that the shoe box and tap light was 7 week old appropriate. ;)

Instead, smart man that he is, he suggested I make her an Oompa Loompa. We'd both been hyped off of candy and humming the tunes from the movies, so it was only fitting.

Below I've posted photos of the process on Flikr. It's not a tutorial but it will show you the steps in case you want to try it yourself.  See all the steps here.

I am proud of myself. I made it with only materials I already had and I even hand stitched the pants from one of the Hubs old undershirts. (Good thing nobody had to see them up close).

Oh the cuteness --- 104_0413


I've been having a great (and tiring) time ba new mom. I've also been crafting up a storm. The theraputic repetion of crocheting seems to be the only thing I can concentrate on for more than a few minutes at a time with my fatigue. 

More soon --- including, gasp, info on  my new craft business.

All the best,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails