Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lattice Stitch Summer Scarf: What do you think?

I have been so busy! It's the end of the semester and I've been swamped. Coming back from maternity leave has been a doozy. But in two weeks I get a life back... and I get my crafting back! Go me!

But I have been working on a few things in the wee hours of the morning when I can't do work -work.

I always like to have Summer accessories that are more for show than for warmth or anything. And I decided to make myself a scarf after finding some really thin, soft mixed fiber yarn at Big Lots of all places. (For a buck, too!)

Here's what I've come up with thus far:


The scarf is crocheted in a variation of the lattice stitch, which is just really a series of double crochets and knot stitches. See here for the regular version of the stitch. There are quite a few other sites that show the stitch, which just seems to be the generic name for the open weave double crochets. I haven't come across one that makes it a netting like I do with this scarf.

Here's the thing though, I don't like it. I mean I love it ...when it's hanging on a doorknob. But on, it's just blah. My darling hubb said it was because it's holloween orange and I wear black 90% of the time. But I don't think that's it. (Plus I think the orange is a nice, vibrant color. Phew for the hubb! lol)

I think it's missing something. What do you think? Should I embelish it somehow? Maybe some beads? A  button?

The scarf is really lightweight and can't support too many extras, but I feel like I need something. Any suggestions?


Thanks in advance for the ideas. And I really miss being on the blog and looking at everyone else's more regularly. Here's to wishing for May 11th!

Peas and Carrots,
~Dee

1 comment:

  1. Somehow, your version is prettier. I like it. Embelishing would be nice, but then I think it would make it look less summery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails